Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Recess is Over

It's been a while.

Well, let's play a little game of quick catch up.

My Thumb: The thumb is healed...took nearly six weeks to seal and just in the last week I am able to bend it. It's got a little sensitive tip at the end of the scar that when bumped sends a nice sharp pain shooting thru my hand. I have a lot of respect for knives and rolls now. I try not to mess around with either...and definitely will never tangle with them as a combo.

Poppi: Well, I'd like to say its perfect, but its not. He is officially adopted...but he's got two terrible behavioral issues that we are struggling with...potty training and his man-hating ways. He's grown very bonded to my grandma which is good, except that no one is allowed to get around her without his permission or he lunges at them. He's bitten (albeit small nips) four people and growled/chased countless others. So yeah...working on it, but I am the only one that he plays with. And there is a line of people that are upset with me...great.

Employment: My CA UI ran out last Sunday...there is a rumor of another extension, but I haven't heard anything from them yet. I feel like the economy might be getting better, but that may be just because I turned off the doom & gloom TV about two months ago and miraculously all feels much more positive...lol. Still searching for a f/t job with benefits.

Reef Tank: Looks really nice...I've added two hammer coral frags, a larger 7-headed torch coral frag and a octo-frogspawn frag in the last three weeks. My Ninja Turtle zoas have taken off...so I rearranged the left side of the reef rock to push the stinging Euphyllias to the back and move the zoas up. This was also because I got a nice sting from one of the tiny hammers one night while cleaning...and guess what? I am allergic to them. Duh. Oh, I also got a orange linckia starfish last week...and I am crossing my fingers I can keep it alive...they aren't easy.

Monet: Actually things with Mo are going along well. I can't complain. We had a terrific time up in Pismo a few weeks ago with all three dogs. We had to get 2 rooms because the five of us in one small one did not fly after the first night...but we had a great time. And since then we have been working on improving things...as friends. Actually, things are better than they have been in a year or two.

Ex: Holy hell Batman. No, I learned a ton in the last year from our upteen "dates" but decidedly I am not ready for any of this. And apparently I am an ass...broke her heart and from what I gather I am selfish, callous and a host of other unpleasant things. I dunno...it ended badly in my book..and I guess we will just leave it at that. It doesn't settle well in my mind, but I feel helpless to change it.

The LRH Girl: Well, basically I have given up on that too. I figure I am just torturing myself by always wondering "what if" I just told her...blah blah blah. So...trying to move past that which is easier because I rarely see her and never really established a one-on-one with her so I could have a future opportunity. So I guess that door is closed...but my gut says it could have been a good thing had we both dared a few "get to know ya" dates. Moving on....

So I guess that is it...I'm spending more time with Ex#1 and just generally trying to work on my foundation. I got a few sticks in the fire, but we'll talk about that later.

No comments:

We Are the Keepers of this Planet

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Dinosaur Caves

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed