Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009 List

I've never been one for resolutions. I don't think I have a lot of bad habits or vices...if anything I need to get a few just to make life more interesting.

This last year has been a mixed bag of nuts. I had a very clear, defined plan prior to 2008 that involved me purposely isolating myself from everything so I could get my life back into focus. Very selfishly I needed to say "no" to a lot of stuff that I typically would say "yes" to for the sake of others. That was part of the plan anyway. It didn't happen, mainly due to my grandfather's diagnosis and eventually death. I don't regret any of it...in fact, I am very pleased that I had a choice to spend every single day with him during that dying process. It's left me so at peace with his passing that I can't explain it...it would sound weird to others.

After his death I thought I could go back to my original plan of selfish focus, but now its my grandmother that needs me...and then this thing going on with my dad that is a complete cluster bomb. Plus, I desperately need to figure out the job scene...cause my beautiful credit is about to get f'ed up and that will suck at forty to be untangling a few months of BS...but its close to be a cluster too.

So I guess this year my goals are simple and resolutions absent.

  1. Find a j-o-b...not a career. Just to get by while I work on goal #2
  2. Figure out a career choice and then go after it...whatever it means...school, business loans, etc
  3. Pay off the debts I've incurred in the last 9 months...get back to being debt-free
  4. Pay off the car.
  5. Make a plan to be in SLO county within 3-5 years
  6. Start looking for the parcel to put the house on
  7. Figure out the house - prefab or my own?
  8. Start aggressively investing for primary goal of funding the house, alone
  9. Socialize the dogs
  10. Declutter the studio
  11. Declutter the storage facility and garage
  12. P90X - looks like a 6 month deal there
  13. Build the road bike and ride
  14. Add coral to the reef tank
  15. See a doctor and dentist
  16. See an orthodontist and slap on braces
  17. Start dating
  18. Hawaii for Christmas
I think that is enough for one year. This year needs to be about me and only me.

No comments:

We Are the Keepers of this Planet

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Dinosaur Caves

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed