Saturday, December 27, 2008

Little Red-Haired Girl

That is how Charlie Brown referred to her...his crush...as well as my brother after he finally got her name out of me last week. It's fitting since in the strip...

The Little Red-Haired Girl is an unseen character in the Peanuts comic strip
by
Charles M. Schulz, and is a symbol of unrequited love. She serves as the object of Charlie Brown's desire. He most often notices her while eating lunch
outdoors, and often tries to get up the courage to speak to her, but always in
vain. Anything touched by her or associated with her is precious to him. For
example, in one strip he finds her pencil dropped in the hallway, notices that
it has been chewed and declares, "She's human!" Presumably, this common habit
makes her seem more approachable, but, typically, he is prevented from following
through when
Lucy snatches the pencil and returns it to the Little Red-Haired Girl with a brisk, "Hey, kid! Here's your pencil!"


He didn't disagree with me though that dating her would be complicated if not nearly impossible. Despite that I still get that little shot of excitement when I see her or she sends some innocent note my way.

I have to keep taking myself thru the rational reasons that this is nothing more than some silly crush...something I am curious about...because it is impossible? That answer actually doesn't roll off my tongue as a yes yet though.

No comments:

We Are the Keepers of this Planet

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Dinosaur Caves

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed