Where have I been? Here, but it got super-frustrating trying to type with that crappy keyboard. So I just stopped...which wasn't good because I realized that I really need structure in my life and writing provides that. It keeps me focused, which was the real purpose of this blog. Thru some twists and turns of the white elephant gift-giving exchange this Xmas I got a new quality keyboard...so I am back!
This Christmas we (my family) really didn't do the whole gift exchange. It was way too much for me given the job status, but I think everyone has been feeling it. This year was a challenge, not just financially but with all the energy that was poured into watching grandpa die...and then the aftermath that continues.
Anyway...my mom broke the "no gift" rule...but not by much. My brother Mike found a loophole...true to his Republican self...he reclassified a few gifts as my 40th b-day presents and the other as my New Years gift. Ok...I'll give it to him for being clever.
Other things I have been up to...helping Matt move down the hall to a bigger room. I spent about 4-5 days painting his room and then helping him blow a wad of cash at Ikea. But in the end I think he will have a much nicer space to relax/work in until he buys his house. Once he gets in it and organized I think the sticker shock will fade...but it was pricey.
Ummm, in moving Matt I disrupted the entire upstairs of my grandmother's house. It needed to happen...but my projected 4-day project is on week two or three now. She's just got so much stuff and we are bottlenecked trying to rotate it. One more week is all I'm giving it though...done by NY eve.
Lastly...working out....hmmm, yeah...I got to start over a bit. See I ran out of food and money for food, so I can't fuel the caloric intake for the workouts...and thus I went into a P90X stall. Its frustrating having time but not money and then when I was working my ass off I had lots of cash but no time for anything. The next job has to have balance.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment