
I said I didn't want to do anything yet for my 40th birthday, but somehow it happened...it was a little lackluster, but seemed to satisfy those that just don't understand that I need to work on ME right now and not all these other life distractions that "they" need help with. Nonetheless, she rarely says no and thus is not where she needs to be on her 40th birthday.
But there was on bright spot. My dear brother went crazy - its the only explanation I can comprehend...and in that crazy moment his ultra-generous soul bought me an extraordinary gift for my 40th - an entirely new metal halide lighting SYSTEM for my reef tank. $$$$
All I was hoping for was one ballast just to get me started, but no...he went crazy I am telling you and got me:
2 - electronic MH ballasts w/ grounded cords
2 - mogul bases
2 - 175 watt, 15000k MH bulbs
4 - 65watt actinic PC bulbs
It was way too much...and that is coming from someone that usually "goes big." But this time I was on the receiving end and it feels odd and has left me feeling a tad undeserving and guilty...which means I have yet more self-exploring to do to deal with those feelings. 'Cause your not supposed to feel guilty...you are supposed to ALLOW things into your life...but lil' bro you shouldn't have, its too damn much.
Yes, I will love it when it powers on for the first time like the mighty Death Star and raises the electrical bill another $20/month...lol. That's 550 watts of extreme sun which now means I can buy any coral I want and let photosynthesis run amok. Joy!
Now I just have to build a new canopy to accommodate these giant bulbs of pure sunbeam and install a cooling system to blow the heat out so we don't come to a boil.
The crazy thing is...this reef tank should not exist this year. It was never in the cards, in the budget or even an option...and yet its better than when money was never an issue. Why? Because my baby brother gave me a little nudge and its that bond between us that I cherish so much. I absolutely know he loves me. So until I get thru some of the shock I am still feeling about this over-the-top gift...just know I love ya and am having a bit of a time saying thank you properly (there's a stupid grin on my face though).
1 comment:
you totally deserve it, you do always go big, and Matt is the sweetest and he loves you. I love you too, but I know nothing about the fish tanks, only that my kids should NOT go near them!
Post a Comment