Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Otis Art Institute


Done. I registered for class today @ Otis Art & Design Institute - compliments of my better half. She apparently had a violent objection to me becoming a nice, safe and stable dental hygienist. She made a few good points...things already bouncing around in my head and then she did what she is really good at doing - stabbed me right in my heart with a philosophical monologue that left me in tears. She's always proving that she is right about most things.

So I have adopted a "gun & run" approach to all decision making surrounding my education from here forward because if I let my emotions get involved then they will release the fear of everything onto my brain. Right now its all left-brained, task oriented thoughts...pull the trigger and run like hell until it gets done. Sort of a CQC situation.

I also went the the library yesterday to look at what they have on the shelves (please donate your books they are in trouble), talked to a friend about downloading ACAD Arch on my PC soon, downloaded the trial version until she can come up, downloaded Google Sketchup to play with, started researching CP/SLO and then got my hands on Adobe's CS3 Master Collection...which was 10 GB of pure app.

I need to figure out how to get my hands on Revit and Form Z now. And I guess eventually I need to look into upgrading my HTPC and landing a MacPro notebook. Cha-ching! Wait, we might as well throw in a larger monitor and the Canon 5D digital while we are at it.

Yeah...I need a sugar-mama.

No comments:

We Are the Keepers of this Planet

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Dinosaur Caves

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed