Friday, January 2, 2009

P90X - Ok, Let's Try It Again

I don't know exactly what happened there...the logical thing is that food is critical to this workout and I ate my way through $300 really quick. But now I know more of the stuff that I eat vs. some of the stuff that I bought and really didn't eat. So it was good...that little food experiment.

Then that election really screwed me up emotionally. I got so fired up with Prop 8 that I lost complete focus on everything. My anger and frustration seems to be driving me toward a lot of self-sabotage - at least that is my latest theory.

Then the whole helping grandma drama-rama has shifted me away from focusing on me...my dad's attitude is another ongoing drama and variable...then came the holidays including that 40th b-day...so P90X got tossed out.

And did I mention that Core Synergistics was "impossible?" Yea, I still need to figure out if I need more strength training or if I am just doing something wrong when it comes to that dvd...because I just couldn't get thru any of it.

Anyway, enough stalling...Monday I start up again with Classic. Only I am not following this 90-day program to the day...because I think I need 4-5 weeks of the first phase before I hit up that rest week and graduate to Phase 2. I wasn't ready to rest...I just felt like I was getting the hang of things in week 3 and my form was to the point where I was getting a better workout and not struggling with the form as much as pushing the reps or weight. So officially if this takes 6 months then I am ok with it.

I lost inches...gained weight...but it was muscle weight. I am not exactly happy with some of the places I lost the inches in...because my butt is gone and my jeans don't have that little shelf to hold them up anymore. Everything is leaned out more than I care it to be. Remember I started this thing at 120# and got up to 127#...but the inches just melted off me everywhere except that freakin' muffin top...and then my boobs got bigger. None of it makes sense to me...and yes, I realize some women out there would love it and think I am a bitch for complaining about losing inches in my hips. Sorry...but I've got a unique metabolism...and just don't have the common problems...mine are just on the other end of your spectrum...nonetheless issues.

So Monday...P90X...you have your training program...you have your blogs...now let's do it. I'm going to Hawaii for Christmas this year...and I am doing it half-naked at 40. No more cooties...no more excuses. Just do it.

No comments:

We Are the Keepers of this Planet

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Dinosaur Caves

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed