First off, I can't imagine not getting expedited shipping because this took seemingly forever with it. And yes, there was a healthy dose of overenthusiasm driving the impatience and compulsive "where is it now" need to track the package...but still UPS took their time.
But its finally here and I spent last night unpacking things, assembling the chin-up bar & bands...and then reading.
So let's talk about what was in the box...
I bought the basic P90X system which includes one intro DVD & twelve workout routine DVDs packaged in a little booklet holder as follows:
screwdriver and pair of pliers. It fits a door opening up to 32" although it is a little awkward against my 24" bathroom door due to the trim. I think I'll just get some small rubber blocks to put between the wall and contact points so that it doesn't mar the trim. It comes with two "L" brackets that permanently attach to the upper backside of the door with 8 small screws. I haven't attached them yet...but did put the bar up w/o the brackets and it holds in place. So these are more of a safety issue to prevent slippage, especially if you are bigger and torquing a lot of body weight. There is an installation video available on the website if needed.
The recovery drink mix is 53 ounces of Smooth Orange flavor, 25 servings per
container with each serving being 220 calories. Each serving contains 700 mg of L-Arginine, 500 mg of L-Glutamine and 500 mg of Creatine Monohydrate. I've never used a sports recovery drink mix before...and yes, was (and am) a little wary about it, but feel a tad better that the label says "support for Men & Women." Yeah, I don't need hair-on-my-chest kinda supplementation. You can get more Recovery Drink details from the website if needed.
The resistance bands were a little bit of a disappointment only because when I ordered them the website did not give me an option for the resistance weight. So I got a stock set of bands (30, 40 and 50 lbs) that really are probably too much for me to start with. Plus only one set of handles and no door attachment. So I'll have to shop around Amazon.com to find something more inclined to beginners in the range of 10, 15 and 20 lbs. And also, call P90X customer service to see if I can order the handles separately, as it makes no sense to have to switch them out between sets and the design looks proprietary.
Why bands at all? Well, they are lighter for travel so I can still workout no matter where I am and because I predict that its going to be a while before I develop my upper body strength enough to really utilize that chin-up bar to complete a set of 12 reps, any style. So the bands are used as modifications for the pull-up exercises until I get my Popeye on.
But its finally here and I spent last night unpacking things, assembling the chin-up bar & bands...and then reading.
So let's talk about what was in the box...
I bought the basic P90X system which includes one intro DVD & twelve workout routine DVDs packaged in a little booklet holder as follows:
- How to Bring It - a P90X intro (12 min.)
- Chest & Back (52:50 min.)
- Plyometrics (58:36 min.)
- Shoulders & Arms (59:53 min.)
- Yoga X (92:24 min.)
- Legs & Back (58:56 min.)
- Kenpo X (55:46 min.)
- X Stretch (57:32 min.)
- Core Synergistics (57:27 min.)
- Chest, Shoulders & Triceps (55:44 min.)
- Back & Biceps (51:36 min.)
- Cardio X (43:18 min.)
- Ab Ripper X (16:07 min.)
Each of the routine DVDs include a nice feature which allows for you to view them four different ways: Normal, Music Off, Music and Cues, Silence and Cues; along with a routine ticker at the bottom showing the total time, your current routine progress, as well as rep count and the current exercise.
Also, included in the basic system, which retails for $120 plus s/h, is a Fitness Guide, Nutrition Plan and 90-day calendar/weekly workout schedule.
In addition to the basic set I purchased the P90X chin-up bar, the 53 oz. Recovery drink mix and a set of resistance bands.
The chin-up bar is just menacing. Easy to assemble with a Phillips
screwdriver and pair of pliers. It fits a door opening up to 32" although it is a little awkward against my 24" bathroom door due to the trim. I think I'll just get some small rubber blocks to put between the wall and contact points so that it doesn't mar the trim. It comes with two "L" brackets that permanently attach to the upper backside of the door with 8 small screws. I haven't attached them yet...but did put the bar up w/o the brackets and it holds in place. So these are more of a safety issue to prevent slippage, especially if you are bigger and torquing a lot of body weight. There is an installation video available on the website if needed.The recovery drink mix is 53 ounces of Smooth Orange flavor, 25 servings per
container with each serving being 220 calories. Each serving contains 700 mg of L-Arginine, 500 mg of L-Glutamine and 500 mg of Creatine Monohydrate. I've never used a sports recovery drink mix before...and yes, was (and am) a little wary about it, but feel a tad better that the label says "support for Men & Women." Yeah, I don't need hair-on-my-chest kinda supplementation. You can get more Recovery Drink details from the website if needed.The resistance bands were a little bit of a disappointment only because when I ordered them the website did not give me an option for the resistance weight. So I got a stock set of bands (30, 40 and 50 lbs) that really are probably too much for me to start with. Plus only one set of handles and no door attachment. So I'll have to shop around Amazon.com to find something more inclined to beginners in the range of 10, 15 and 20 lbs. And also, call P90X customer service to see if I can order the handles separately, as it makes no sense to have to switch them out between sets and the design looks proprietary.
Why bands at all? Well, they are lighter for travel so I can still workout no matter where I am and because I predict that its going to be a while before I develop my upper body strength enough to really utilize that chin-up bar to complete a set of 12 reps, any style. So the bands are used as modifications for the pull-up exercises until I get my Popeye on.
No comments:
Post a Comment