Friday, November 7, 2008

Cyber Terrorists Too


Cyber terrorism can be defined as the use of information technology by terrorist groups and individuals to further their agenda. This can include use of information technology to organize and execute attacks against networks, computer systems and telecommunications infrastructures, or for exchanging information or making threats electronically. Examples are hacking into computer systems, introducing viruses to vulnerable networks, web site defacing, denial-of-service attacks, or terroristic threats made via electronic communication.

Those that would prey upon others assume that their targets are often ignorant and easily intimidated. The rely on one or the other, if not both to succeed in their exploitation of those around them. They rely on our apathy as well.

And then there are the good guys...the ones that breathe with justice and integrity to their core. They act as the karmic enforcers of our world. They work to undo the evils of this
world so there is at least a balance in the world, if evil cannot be eradicated completely.

Anyway, I tried a handful of anti-virus packages and in the end found the cure in the same place I found my terrorist - Google. It took some work in Safe Mode and I am not sure I could do it all over again, but my hard drive is mine again. And the evil-doer has been reported to IC3.

Ok folks, be careful out there when you look
up any No on 8 info off the internet. Last night, I was simply trying to
find out if there was another protest march set for tonight in WeHo and
clicked a site off google and my whole computer was very masterfully taken
over by a series, no less, of spyware and trojan horse viruses.

So I am down for a few days while I try to sort that jacked up mess out. My
current anti-virus was no match and it looks like the trial version of
Kaspersky isn't even effective. Might have to scrub my entire harddrive -
f*$kers. Matt?

Anyway, I don't dare operate off my system right now because I believe this
was targeted and with malicious intent to identify P8 opponents. So I am
going to be offline for at least a few days probably. Using another remote
PC today to try to find a anti-virus solution by Monday, but this was a
pretty deep attack of my system.


Still under the weather too, so not sure if I am going to the scheduled
marches this weekend or not; or even my P90X workouts. I'm lousy when I am
sick.

No comments:

We Are the Keepers of this Planet

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Dinosaur Caves

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed