
What a crazy night. I went up to the Prop 8 Rally in WeHo tonight...which later turned into a full blown protest march that is still going on. The news is slanting it already as a violent march because ONE person was "violently" taken down by three officers. F'ing media. Then another ignorant Hispanic news reporter was asking the crowd why they were upset - didn't they understand that the majority of voters had spoken? WTF is wrong with all of you idiots?? Has anyone read the Constitution, ever???
Seriously, if I would have been better prepared I would have joined the march, but it was a spontaneous thing for me to be there in the first place...and marching without at least one friend wasn't very appealing. I need either more gay friends or a new girlfriend....or both.
Seriously, if I would have been better prepared I would have joined the march, but it was a spontaneous thing for me to be there in the first place...and marching without at least one friend wasn't very appealing. I need either more gay friends or a new girlfriend....or both.

It was good to see that I wasn't alone in my anger and that there is a general feeling amongst the gay community now that we are done playing nice and polite with everyone. Tensions will be high especially this weekend - and I expect another protest then. If so, then I am there and prepared to push the envelope of civil disobedience if necessary.
I will not accept this second-class citizenship anymore...and I'm not waiting for Christians to find tolerance, for a politician to hand us another compromise or for Jesus to come down from a cloud whispering brotherly love to Christians worldwide either. The way their religion works that could take another 2000 years for incremental spiritual evolution.
Anyway...I came home after 2 hours of rhetoric to workout...that's the purpose of this blog article right? Ok...so I did Plyometrics tonight and it was sweaty and good and took my mind off things for an hour. Average heart rate was 155 bpm.
But now I am watching the march on the tube and wishing I had stayed.
No comments:
Post a Comment