Saturday, November 1, 2008

P90X - Day 12: Legs & Back



Late night workout. Started at 11pm.

I had a "global warming" aquarium emergency tonight - the chiller went out or something...still unsure. Went to feed the fish, stuck my hand in the water and it was warm. A quick check of the temp and we are at 84 degrees HOT! Should be at 77 degrees constant. So my night was spent trying desperately to bring the temp down while trying to diagnosis the exact problem. Still unsolved and rotating ice packets every hour now. Ridiculous BS from a $400 unit that is 6 months old.

Ok...so working out is a great way to forget your troubles momentarily...which is just what I did. Not a lot to really say...lunges and squats all went well. I added weight to my calf raises and calf raise squats - 12.5# dumbbells there. My calves are probably the weakest muscle in my body. Even my PT a few years back commented how under-developed they were. Even when I was cycling it never really perked up, ever. So this is one muscle I would love to see larger & defined.

I increased my band resistance tonight...moved it to the red band - yeah! Had my 12 oz of water and 12 oz of recovery drink. Then off to Ab Ripper X.

Today I saw my friend who commented on how much better I was looking. She noticed that my lower belly roll was smaller and my calves had a little bump of definition. Also, my skin which has always been ok...or so I thought...looks better. It was nice, but even better than that is I feel stronger and just plain good.

1 comment:

Ah-lee-see-ah said...

Proud of you! Take some pictures!

We Are the Keepers of this Planet

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Dinosaur Caves

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed