Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Chased Down by Crazy McCain People


I roll in a Honda Element which is a great small-sized SUV. I owe that to my ex-girlfriend who kindly pointed me in that direction when I was looking at the Nissan Murano back in 2004. One time sitting in the backseat was all it took for me to buy that for her birthday four months later...then buy myself one a year later. Great car if you like to travel, play outdoors, have a lot of adventure toys/gear that need to go with you and especially if you have dogs. Very dog friendly car. But that's not what this little blog tonight is about...so let me get back on track.

The Element also affords me a large rear window that is great for throwing up my support for Obama, via a custom 22" vinyl decal. Now if you do a little reading about quantum mechanics, the law of attraction and other spiritual context writings you know that its a commonly held belief that your consciousness doesn't distinguish between positive and negative thoughts. So prior to the 2004 election my little anti-Bush stickers weren't lending any positive energy to the Kerry/Edwards ticket, but rather to that idiot. Since that time I have learned that I don't put any energy into "anti" arguments, but rather into proactive statements - thus my Obama decal.

After 8 years of pure crap, I thought ok...slapping the Obama up should be fairly safe in terms of potential property damage and road rage confrontations right? Ummm no. I've been chased down the street on my way home by several drivers that apparently want to violently debate me on my vote...while driving...or rather weaving in their lane. And I guess this really confuses me. Do they expect me to change my vote before the next light or are they looking for someone to violently engaged them? It's stupid.

And of course half of these people have a "Yes on 8" decal on their car also. Who are these people? I know its all rhetorical here...but I find myself wanting to engage them on some level. A few years ago, if you were a driver behind me that made some unnecessary honk, or tailgated me or flipped me the finger...then at our next stop you would have seen me put my car in park, get out and walk toward your car to ask you face-to-face WTF? 100% of the time that got the big scary angry man/woman to quickly roll up their window or check their locks and then anxiously look for a way to get around my parked car...which they usually couldn't because they were on my bumper. Perhaps this is dangerous, but why do people think that they can display this type of behavior and not be held accountable by the targets of their aggression?


But seriously, my question here is why do these people think its perfectly acceptable to behave in this manner with no possible consequence for escalating the confrontation? And if you are so angry that Obama is going to win this election, then I guess your ass should be out there rallying the independent swing voters with strong, rational and intellectual arguments on the issues rather than trying to run this independent swing voter off the road, or is THAT part of the McCain/Palin plan?.


Yes, I made my choice early...but your crazy behavior only reinforces what I have begun to believe...Republicans think violence is the answer. Money, corruption and war. Unfortunately for them, I still like to believe that this country could one day reign supreme again. And perhaps that is a silly thought, but it's a hell of a lot better than sending our poor, uneducated and/or minorities to their early graves because that is the only step up they can see this country offering them.


If you damn Republicans believe in this war so much, then why don't you join the fight over there...from much of my interaction with you lately on PCH you seemingly have enough anger and aggression issues that need to be worked out. A few days in the hot sand watching body parts fly around should snap you back to your God-fearing Christian ways...besides, aren't you the folks that are supposed to be so compassionate? Or is that only on Sundays?

No comments:

We Are the Keepers of this Planet

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Dinosaur Caves

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed