Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pulling the Trigger


I've been putting off buying a Walther P22 for a few years now, which is just silly since Mo gave me a $150 gift certificate way back when. But when I was working...I was WORKING...and all I had time for back then was laundry, sleep and repacking my bags for next week's travels. There was plenty of cash, but zero fun time.

I want a small & simple handgun for plinking at the LAX range which is why I have chosen the P22. Plus, the $300 price price tag is just right for recreational use. And I guess looking back on it now I am glad I waited a few years since the DOJ actually delisted the P22 in CA and reclassed it as an assault weapon after recognizing that the original P22 had the notorious threaded barrel. Walther later modified it for Kalifornia...a country onto its own.

I'm sorry...although I am all for reasonable gun laws...we obviously need to reform them a bit because the P22 is hardly of an assault weapon class. And that is coming from a liberal, independent voter who previously rode the Democratic ticket.

Politicians are always f'ing things up with their ignorance. All these laws to keep the perpetually lawful citizen on course while the criminals run around working their way thru strike one, then two and finally strike three-might-as-well-shoot-ya. Leaving Joe Taxpayer to foot the bill for them to go to jail on 3 squares for 1/3 of their sentence?
Argh, I am ranting...off my own blog course heading back to politics and broken government rants. But its true...our criminal justice system is busted.

Anyway, the P22 is scaled at 3/4 of the P99 and comes in at 480g. A nicely balanced weapon with a compact size, easily concealed. Plus everyone is sportin' a Glock these days...I like being a little different.

So I think that its time to pull the trigger on this little wishlist item of mine in 90-days. I'm going to make it my P90X graduation treat. I work better with self-directed incentives. Ready to go shootin' lil bro?

No comments:

We Are the Keepers of this Planet

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Dinosaur Caves

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed