
Uncle.
Well, I was doing pretty good - got 10 minutes into the 16 minute workout with only one 30 sec break and did all 25 reps.
Then my abs just screamed "uncle!" and literally I could not pull myself upward...even took a little break to try to recover a bit and nada. Done...toasted...burnt.
So I am going to take it as a "good job" and just not get hung up on not being able to finish the last four ab exercises. Eventually I will get it.
Why is there no AB Ripper X workout chart included though? I need one just to track my progress...so I'll PDF create something tomorrow I guess. Although right at this moment, the idea of doing anything tomorrow seems far fetched...lol.
I've got tomorrow's DVD playing in the background...Plyometrics...looks ok, alot of cardio, but outside of that I should be able to get thru the whole workout. Its hard to see a guy with a prosthetic leg doing it and then whine & quit.
I'll have to go look at mats tomorrow cause all that jumping upstairs is going to shake this termite infested floor. Too bad I don't have a TV outside to do this on the deck.
Ok, back to these ab exercises - 25 reps each in 16 minute routine, starting with:
- In & Outs
- Bicycles - Fwd
- Bicycles - Reverse - this is where I needed my break afterwards
- Crunchy Frogs - these were hard for me mainly due to balance
- Wide Leg Situps - whew! ok, I did my 25 but I had to pause the player because I couldn't keep up the pace they were.
- Fifer Scissors - doing these pointed out the fact that I have no flexibility right now to straighten my upright leg to do these properly
- Hip Rock & Raise
- Heels to Heaven
- V-Up Pullup Combos - this is where I stopped and couldn't find it in me to "Bring It" even for one
- Oblique V-ups - tried it and it was hard and ugly
- Leg Climbs - my spirit was broken at this point...
- Mason Twist - one day soon
Its funny, I actually feel good right now. You read about people saying that about this program and think that maybe they are a little OCD or nutty...but it was really good. I have to allow for double the time on the Ab Rip routine due to breaks or pausing; and maybe another 5-10 minutes on Chest & Back...plus I didn't move from C&B straight to Ab Rip - making this whole workout nearly a 3 hour process...while blogging in between.
So that concludes Day 1 of Kicking My Weak Ass. See ya tomorrow...bring it!
No comments:
Post a Comment