Wednesday, October 22, 2008

P90X - Day 3: Ab Ribber X


I felt good after my earlier workout, but I was feeling every muscle as I moved about my day. I had to have that talk with myself to pop in Ab Ripper tonight...as you can see its late. Once the dvd is on, I'm there though.


I ate dinner at 6:30 pm - BBQ pulled pork sandwich on a whole wheat bun with the core hollowed out, celery sticks with 1/4 tbsp of PB each and 1/2 cup of coleslaw. I had one serving of mini rice cakes for a snack later on. Been drinking water all day. After reviewing my food for the day...although I ate better than usual, I took in more carb servings than I should have and not enough protein. So after ab ripper I had two hard boiled eggs.


I think the key is going to be in planning out my meals and mealtimes the day before. And I gotta go pick up the protein powder on Friday...tomorrow is another "no driving" eco day.


Ok, Ab Ripper X. I need a sheet...yeah, didn't make one yet. Why hasn't someone else? Or have they?


I limited myself to 10 reps because I wanted to see if that would leave enough gas in the tank to get through those last four that I struggled with. So I was good through the first 9 exercises, focusing on my form rather than the reps. Crunchy Frogs felt harder today though...flexibility still an issue with Fifer Scissors.


V-Up Roll-ups: I tried, but the second part of that exercise is harder than I can handle right now. So I modified and did the first part which is nothing more than high school style sit ups. 10 reps.


Oblique V-Ups: I seem to be having problems with any exercise that has me on my side. Again, I had to modify these and start in a up position and keep my legs down on the ground. It was still ugly. Maybe I don't have obliques.


Leg Climbs: Again, my limited flexibility means straightening my leg is presently something I struggle with, but I did 10 reps of the climbs.


Mason Twists: I like these. 25 reps.


I don't know what I need to do to help slowly build up my obliques. I'm wondering if the mat is still an issue. I didn't go get a thicker exercise mat yet, just using my yoga on top of my sisal rug. Its hard on my back and hips...so it might be that simple.


Alrighty...tomorrow is yoga and I am going to try to tackle that in the morning. I didn't think I'd like doing a morning workout, but today was nice. Even though my morning is probably your afternoon...lol. I'm a night owl. I make no apologies for it either.





No comments:

We Are the Keepers of this Planet

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Dinosaur Caves

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed