
This law of attraction thing is strange. And I guess you could rationalize it all as coincidence, but I think there's more to it than that. Whatever it is, I'm done questioning it or even trying to understand it...its working and so it shall just "be."
So, I've been working on defining my goals lately (obviously). And one of them was adding a McCosker's Flasher Wrasse (right) to the tank. Just a few days ago, I updated the Reef Tank Goals posting to include a pic of the MFW.
Today, I go into Aquatic Fantasy (my LFS) to get some frozen mysis. My cousin and I had just gone on this long ass walk from Redondo to the edge of Manhattan and back. So I told her to come into the store with me because I think seeing all those fish is uplifting and how many times does one walk into a saltwater fish store unless you have a tank? Never, so its an experience to be had in my opinion.
Before I even put the car in park though I just had a feeling that there would be a McCosker in there...so I picked up my food before strolling the aisles...and sure enough there he is. Not fighting it anymore, one of the guys looks at me and just says "What am I bagging for you today?"...lol. The McCosker I say..."good choice" came the reply.
So, I am done for a while...adding fish anyway. I currently have 16 in there which is about 3 gls. total water volume per fish. My nitrates are running high so whether I like it or not I've hit the maximum allowed capacity. The last one I have planned will be after the tank is well-established next year to support its feeding requirements. That will be a Splendid Leopard Wrasse, sometimes known as a Blue Star. It originates from Africa. The LFS has one in their personal tank that is gorgeous. My tank needs to mature and I'd like to focus on the corals next.
Call it coincidence or whatever, all I know is that I have never seen a McCosker in the store until now. It would be kinda cool if life could just work that easily though. And yes, I named him The Flash.
No comments:
Post a Comment