
I was looking forward to yoga today, but didn't do it in the morning as I planned. Mo and I took Charlie down to Long Beach's Dog beach. It's been 2-3 weeks since we've taken him to play so he was all worked up on the car ride down. We had a good time and despite what I previously thought I was not going to be able to do, I was. And this seems to be my own issue to conquer...those voices get in the way with all their limitations. Today it was that I thought my quads were too sore, so walking on the sand would hurt. It did not. I thought my shoulders and arms were too overworked to throw Charlie the ball, they were not. I even joined him in the ocean when he started getting tired and pushed him to do more. It all felt good. Those damn voices of self-sabotage though...they are trying to throw me off course. Flip it off.
For lunch I was bad and we all went to Wienerschneitzel for corn dogs after our day at the beach, but I am not going to get hung up on that because I don't want to give up my bi-weekly corn dogs. I'd rather work it off. I had an apple when I got home from lunch, a rice cake w/ peanut butter later and then after yoga I had dinner, pulled pork sandwich again. I need to get my veggies in today. I'll work on a meal plan for tomorrow because I just need structure before I can find discipline.
Ok, Yoga X. I still think Power Yoga is a better workout on some level, it flows better and Bryan is better at vocalizing pose changes. I found that I had to break pose a few times to find out what was next...and that for me, makes this routine even more choppy. However, it was a better workout than I had expected in just viewing it a few times. There were a few advanced poses that wrecked havoc on my balance...or lack thereof. I was dripping sweat 40 minutes in...which is what I like about going to Power Yoga classes (vs DVDs) because the sheer number of people in the class naturally raises the room temp to over 105 degrees. Unlike some yoga studios that actually turn the heat on. Hot yoga is good for you...and you should be dripping sweat throughout.
Lesson learned there. No Yoga X at night...and dogs must be walked before the workout, then fed...why? Because now that I am done and they are fed...they want to sleep. Lil f'ckers.
Yes, there were moments when my legs or arms were so shaky from the previous day that I stumbled out of pose, but it was much better than I would have thought. I don't understand why so many people complain about this part of the program. I think its so challenging (yoga) that no one should be stating that its too long or too boring. To do this in correct form you have so many physical components you must coordinate and try to master from just breathing correctly, to balance, to flexibility, to mentally staying in the moment, etc... If you don't like yoga that to be says that you've got some ego issues that you need to work on...that are probably getting in the way in other areas of your life too. It's only 90-minutes of disciplined mind, body and soul...what a great gift to yourself.
Anyway, the monkeys will have to stay outside next time or worn out beforehand. Its one thing when they get underfoot when I am strength training, entirely different during yoga. It kills me that they are each asleep right now. One of my evil personalities wants to go wake them up, but I've got a reef tank to clean so no, not tonight.
And yes, the mat...what is up with these non-sticky mats? Do they wear out, need to be washed or what? Zee...had the same problem but just worked thru it. I'll ask Mo tomorrow what she does since she is the yoga master in our little P90X village.
Tomorrow is legs & back...and my fingers are crossed that my quads will be repaired enough to handle it. The heat & stretching definitely helped tonight. Namaste.
No comments:
Post a Comment