Tuesday, October 21, 2008

P90X - Day 2: Plyometrics



They should call this Ass Kicker X. Actually, its my quads that are on fire right now - lactic burn baby.

I started off late tonight because I got caught up with a friend and that threw me 3 hours off schedule. The idea of starting my workout at 9:30pm wasn't sitting well with me, but I had also eaten late tonight due to said encounter with friend...and you cannot do Plyo for at least 1 hour after a meal. I think you'd either cramp up, puke or die...none of which was on my "to do" list today.

My diet today sucked again. Groceries got here at Noon and it took about 30 minutes to squeeze it all in the frig. Then I threw together all my stuff for the BBQ Pulled Pork that needed 8 hours in the slower cooker. I had a Clif Builder protein bar for brunch (good btw) - 270 calories. Then another friend called and I spent about an hour on the phone talking about investing & life. That put me at 2pm and I went off to pickup the blender for the protein shakes and run a few errands for my mom and grandma. Had another Zone protein bar at 5pm - 200 calories. And then I picked up a burger for my grandmother and yes, myself which was 660 calories (at least I looked it up to see what i just swallowed). Then another 220 calories for my recovery drink. So I am short about 450 calories today. My challenge is definitely the whole nutritional structure...eating healthy, early in the day, lots of small meals and not after 6pm...and getting the right calories and ratio of nutrients. My goal is to have this under control by the end of the week.

I took a long hot shower before my workout because I am sore from yesterday and figured I need to warm my muscles up. I'm not sure it helped, but it gave me a chance to talk myself into doing tonight's workout...because part of my brain was saying "its too late, do it tomorrow." Flick that switch off, thank you.

All that said I got through 45 minutes of the workout before I just started laughing at Tony because there was nothing left in my quads to make me jump like a little frog...or even squat down. I had problems with the:



  1. Jump Knee Tucks

  2. Rock Star Hops

  3. Squat Jacks

My quads were already burning and I just didn't have any vertical leap in them at all. Something I've got to work on. At the 45 minute mark I recognized my game was gone...and tomorrow I know I am going to feel this and fully expect that getting out of bed is going to be an issue...lol.



I had my recovery drink (12oz) and another 12 oz of water. Now if you knew me you'd be experiencing yet another Shock & Awe moment...why? Because this is only the third time in over a year that I have had a glass of water. My water intake is purely limited to coffee. Its about the only drink I've had for nearly 3 years. So I am awake...but probably dehydrated. Tonight I was sucking on my water bottle like a baby and sweating like crazy because my heart rate was cranked at 160 bpm thru the majority of the routine. 180 is my MHR. I feel like I brought as much of it as I could.



I kept up with Tony and the gang for about 75% of each exercise...when I couldn't keep up I just modified it to do at least part of the movement...maybe not leaping, but squatting or lunging. Not an easy routine.



I feel my body right now. It's burning with lactic acid. Like I said this really targeted my quads, but I am also feeling my back muscles now. Tomorrow is Arms & Shoulders...lol.


Dear God...help...because I presently struggle with Plyometrics

No comments:

We Are the Keepers of this Planet

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Dinosaur Caves

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed