
I loved this routine!
I wasn't sure that I was going to be able to bring it today. I was (am) so sore. So as I was drinking my coffee and contemplating taking a shower to get my day going, I just said to myself, "Self, you are going to get sweaty when you do this so just do it now. Leave Ab Ripper for tonight." And I also remembered what today is and why I am doing this.
Off went the computer, tossed the routine into my Xbox360 (yes, I game that way too) and fired up the flat screen. Now I must disclose that I put a little treat incentive out there for myself to finish this routine - two new workout outfits from Aeropostale. I was burning up in my full sweatpants...and needed something shorter. What I really wanted was a pair of long sweat shorts from Livestrong.com, but I couldn't justify the $45 price tag. So I opted for the capris over at Aeropostale and will ask my g-auntie to chop them down & hem them into shorts. So with that carrot out there dangling, a girl has to do what a girl has to do.
Like I said, I loved this routine. My shoulders are definitely my weakest link and I had to size down my weights more than I thought I would have to. I also decided to play it a tad more conservative today and even though I can pull 10# weights for most curls...the 7.5# were just as good.
I didn't think I was going to be able to do any chair dips at all, even modified. And see this is where you have to check your mentality every so often, when I hear myself saying "I can't do that" then I immediately and consciously have to counter with "I'm going to try to do at least one and more if I can do that." And I am ok if I presently struggle with this. I modified those chair dips with the 90 degree bend and was able to do 15 reps. Next time I will try straight legs out.
The only exercise that got me zip was the last one in the bonus round - Side Tri-Rises. I'm not sure if I just cooked my triceps too much before I got here or these are harder because you are using your own body weight or what. They befuddled me.
All in all I feel GREAT! I hit the "order" button and for the price of those Livestrong shorts I got two capris and two tops (on clearance). I want my Merrell Barrados though...argh.
I am looking forward to Yoga X tomorrow. I'm used to yoga and unlike all the newbie men that I have read about when they start P90X, I am a believer that if you do nothing else but yoga in your life you are golden. It's a mind, body and spirit workout. I think most men let their Egos get in the way of it - don't. It builds strength and stamina...and for the women out there it greatly improves your flexibility. All of these are critical components for a healthy and uninhibited sex life...think about it.
One last note, after a workout...I can't stand looking at coffee. It's utterly unappealing to me. I am snacking on a rice cake with one tablespoon of peanut butter and washing it down with my 12 oz. of water - holy smokes! I already had my recovery drink, which by the way tastes like an orange creamsicle.
Ab Ripper X later tonight...my goal is to do all the exercises with good form, but lower my reps so I can get thru those last four that I didn't do on day #1.
Ciao.
No comments:
Post a Comment