Saturday, October 25, 2008

In Hot Water


I know I have talked about it before, but I really would like to have a hot tub out on the rear deck. It's a mandatory item for my own home...both an indoor bath tub type and outdoor version.

Although nice little ponds can be relaxing, they are also high maintenance and really make no sense to me unless they support some type of aquatic life with a natural biological filter at work. Running a pump just to hear water fall makes no sense in a time of global warming unless you are springing for the super-duper solar pump...and will go to the extra effort of finding biological filtering alternatives vs. dumping in a bunch of chemical additives for your algae buildup. Otherwise, the only thing that pond is going to support is the West Nile virus.

Anyway, back to what I want...a nice hot tub to sit in after working out...and for my own home one of those bigger tubs that doubles as a lap pool using surges to create flow. I'm not sure what they are officially called, but I've always wanted a lap pool and I guess this is a good alternative due to smaller footprint and less water than digging out a 50 yard lane.

Yes, my muscles are still sore...

No comments:

We Are the Keepers of this Planet

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Dinosaur Caves

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed