Thursday, October 2, 2008

Watch Out


Ok, ok...yes, I know I was planning on starting the P90X program on October 1st and now its the 2nd. Well, there were a few delays this week in just getting geared up and when I really thought about it I didn't want to be super-sore for my grandfather's funeral on the 4th. So, I am delaying the whole deal until Monday, October 20th.

All that being said my Timex HRM watch came in today...screaming deal at $33 from Timex.com, but worth the $57 that Amazon.com wants for it. I stop loving it so much as you get closer to the MSRP of $90.

I got the women's version for smaller wrists and all I can say is that my wrists (6" circum.) must be really small compared to some other knuckle-draggers out there. I'm using the third smallest notch on the band. And because the band is molded to the face itself it kinda tilts the watch at an unnatural angle on my wrist as you get closer and closer to the smallest band diameter. It's not uncomfortable, but it isn't quite right...what's a small-wristed girl gonna do? Nothing...grow bigger wrists I guess.

Chest strap was included and fit was way better than expected. Set-up is fairly intuitive, except that you do have to read the small manual for the HRM functions. I still haven't found the part in the manual about the calorie counter and average heart rate functions...but that's because the manual is for little people, with little fingers and big eyes. They used a 2pt font I think. So eventually I will go over to grandma's house and borrow her old people magnifier and figure those parts out. Like I said the other functions are fairly intuitive and since I lack patience this week I just figured it out.

Here are the functions:



  1. Heart Rate Monitor

  2. Target Zones - five

  3. Average Heart Rate

  4. Time in Zone

  5. Digital Transmission (compatible with Data Recorder)

  6. Watch w/ Indiglo

  7. Chronograph, Alarms and Timers

  8. Calorie Counter

  9. Recovery Heart Rate Timer

  10. Max. Heart Rate Zone Calculation

Two thumbs up and five stars if you have bigger wrists than I do.

No comments:

We Are the Keepers of this Planet

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Dinosaur Caves

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed