
I want this...have almost always wanted this. A 1963 Corvette Split-window coupe in Tuxedo Black, although I won't turn away a silver one...lol.
And now that I am older, it almost doesn't matter to me if it has matching numbers...in fact the more I think about it I want it converted to a hybrid so my intent for it to be a weekend driver can truly be fulfilled without the concern about emissions and its 8 mpg limits.
I remember the first time I saw this car. I fell instantly in love. If a car can be sexy, then this is it. It is pure art and I am looking forward to the day when it is mine. I think I will sleep inside it the first week. It is so utterly gorgeous.
My dad's 1968 is nice and retro enough...but it will require a full off-body restoration. Translated that means $15k for mechanical restoration and $10-15k for the paint job. Now I spent that on the Element so its not totally outrageous, but it is a decade long project. And if he keeps stalling on transporting it out to CA, then it will only require another three decades to virtually disintegrate.

The 1963 Vette, I just want to purchase it completely restored sans the hybrid modification. I don't want to waste my time under the hood for five years. I want it to roll of the carrier and into the driveway...and from there I know exactly where my first trip with it will be. The girls fit in the back perfectly too. I want this...
No comments:
Post a Comment